In a collaboration between journalists at The Markup and Mozilla researchers, this study seeks to map Facebook’s pixel tracking network and understand the kinds of information it collects on sites across the web. The Markup will use the data collected in this study to create investigative journalism around the kinds of information Facebook collects about you, and where.
The study will run until July 13, 2022.
Goals of the Study
This Study Will Collect:
This Study will Collect:
- The data sent to Facebook pixels as you browse
- The URLs of the web pages you browse
- The time you spend browsing pages
- The presence of Facebook login cookies in your browser
- A study survey that the user completes
- Metadata on the URLs your visit:
- The full URL of each webpage that you are on
- Time spent browsing and playing media on each webpage
- How far down the webpage you scrolled
In addition, your Rally demographics survey responses will be combined with study data for the analysis.
Note: Only deidentified metrics and models will be exported from our secure environment. For additional information about our data collection, view our metrics definition file in our open source codebase.
Source: Facebook Pixel Hunt