The main features of SDFS are:
- Cross Platform Support – Works on Linux or Windows.
- Reduced Storage Utilization – SDFS Deduplication can reduce storage utilization by up to 90%-95%
- Scalability – SDFS can dedup a Petabyte or more of data. Over 3TB per gig of memory at 128k chunk size.
- Speed – SDFS can perform deduplication/redup at line speed 290 MB/S+
- VMWare support – Work with vms – can dedup at 4k block sized. This is required to dedup Virtual Machines effectively
- Flexible storage – deduplicated data can be stored locally, on the network across multiple nodes, or in the cloud.
- Inline and Batch Mode deduplication – The file system can dedup inline or periodically based on needs. This can be changed on the fly
- File and Folder Snapshot support – Support for file or folder level snapshots.